Sunday, 18 July 2010

Grace Kelly Style Icon Exhibit - V&A



Firstly, maybe deciding to go to this exhibit after a night shift was not the best idea. However I really enjoyed it even though I was half asleep and sipping endless amounts of coffee. I’ve always had an admiration of the style of the women from Graces era. I was very intrigued to find out more about what actually made her have such an impact on the fashion world.

Seeing the beautiful clothes that she actually wore was quite an inspiring experience. It made me make the statement I always make to myself, ‘From now on I will dress myself perfectly everyday!’ (It’s been my yearly resolution ever since I no longer had to wear school uniform). And all I can say is thank god I don’t smoke! Lol!

What was interesting, was that all of her clothes were not as expensive as I originally thought. They have been tailored and adjusted but she proved you didn’t have to break the bank! (I know she did and could but I’m just a simple girl from the eastend) Just know what you’re doing and keep it clean. I think I can do that…




No comments:

Post a Comment