Monday, 19 July 2010

Africa Calling!



I don't think I'm best at embracing my true roots. At school I became very interested in black history and spent a few years researching embracing and finding out about where I came from. I think we all go through the 'Black Power' phase at one point in our lives. Some continue with it and take it on in every way the possibly can. I however choose to learn from the past and move on.






Until, that was I started to look at African ankara fabrics in different light. They were starting to appear everywhere! For some reason they were looking fresher and new? Solange was top of my list for being able to rock it with a bit of edge. After a while I discovered that a lady called Maya Lake was responsible for a lot of the looks seen on Beyonce, Solange, Rihanna and Erykah Badu. The creator of Boxing Kitten she is doing some really inspiring stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment